There is now a tremendous amount of research evidence which shows that a student's interest, effort and performance at College is enhanced by the degree of parental interest and involvement. There is a tendency for parents to think that, once in the senior school, their son/daughter will have less need of parent involvement and support. The adolescent stage of development is an important stage and one which requires the support and interest of parents.
Your involvement can take a variety of forms including offering to serve on the College Board, Parents & Friends Association, working in the College tuckshop, attending parent/teacher nights, special meetings, parent activities, morning teas for parents, working bees, drama performances, College assemblies and sporting functions. You may also be in a position to help with individual tuition or to take a student for work experience.
P &F Association
Parents are a major stakeholder within the College community. The role of the P&F Association at Mary MacKillop Catholic College is to support the school community by:
- Working in partnership with the Principal and staff, in encouraging the optimum spiritual, intellectual, social and physical growth of all students
- Promote the principles of Catholic Education
- Promote interaction between home, school parents and teachers
- Develop a school community within the Christian ethos
- Promote the school within the wider community
- Create a forum for discussion and provide an avenue for decision making
- Assist in providing resources to the school where necessary
- Organising functions to facilitate community building
- Planning fundraising activities.
The P & F Association meets on the first Wednesday of each month. All are welcome to come along and support the College community.